[3830] Salmon Run W7DX Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run W7DX Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:33:21 +0000
Washington State Salmon Run

Call: W7DX
Operator(s): N7BV N7ZG W7UDH N7WA
Station: W7DX

Class: Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   95     96      3
   40:  220    104     10
   20:  383    647     66
   15:   27      8      0
   10:    1      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  726    855     79  Mults = 98  Total Score = 403,956

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was a three station Unlimited operation from three different counties (one
for each mode). I hope you actually copied the county for each mode instead of
using the log pre-fill. Sounds like some people got confused.

Conditions sucked but I think too many people gave up on 15M. I went to 15M a
lot (even 10M). Whenever I went there, there usually a few people and they were
usually quite readable. They ranged from locals to the east coast. Sunday was
like the Sweepstakes "Sunday Grind". Just call into the wind and
sometimes something came back to wake you up.

There were challenges in getting three stations networked together over the
internet. Only the CW station was able to see the other two. SSB and RTTY
couldn't see each others logs or send Talk messages.

I really tried hard for the mobiles. Every time one was spotted I would do a
look-see. Weaker than well water if they could be heard at all. Fortunately,
they did seem to be working others outside the state.

My thanks to my partners in this endeavor (N7BV and N7ZG). Sometimes it was
really boring but they stayed BIC. My thanks to W7UDH for coming over and
sitting in my chair for a few hours.

cheers
dink, n7wa