[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2RJ SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N2RJ SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 00:55:34 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 2:58
Radios: SO2R

   80:   0        0       0     0
   40:  12        0      10     5
   20:  27        1      22    11
   15:   0        0       0     0
   10:   5        0       2     2
-----------------------------------
Total:  44        1      34    18  Total Score = 6,625

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I am mostly a SSB and CW operator but I think I'll try to do this one seriously
sometime. I did enjoy getting into this one though, because I realized that
RTTY contesting once you set up properly is actually quite smooth to operate.

Equipment performed pretty good as usual. Looks like this Alpha 91 is going to
stay in my shack as a good, solid backup amp... even when I get my new solid
state amp soon. Seems like it just could not break a sweat just pumping out
legal limit.

Europe pounding in here of course with LX7I being the strongest. Worked some
PYs and other SA stations on 10 meters. Band seemed moderately active.

I used N1MM+ with 2Tone and MMTTY as the engines. I used AFSK with Flex-6700
and DAX. On these radios it is as clean as FSK on conventional transceivers
(DSP is math and math is "perfect"). Seemed to get me through even
the worst pileups.

I saw some stations transmitting on 14.100 and also 14.074-078. 14.100 as far
as I know is a NCDXF/IARU beacon frequency and 14.074-078 is FT8/JT65. I hope
we try to remain good neighbors in the band as radiosport enthusiasts. We
should try to keep those frequencies clear.

88
Ria