[3830] CQ WW RTTY OH2PM SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY OH2PM SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 11:06:02 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OH2PM
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH2PM

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31

   80:  150       1       52    10
   40:  243       7       97    30
   20:  677      39      109    34
   15:  145       8       68    30
   10:    6       0        5     3
------------------------------------
Total: 1221      55      331   107  Total Score = 1,419,347

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was again one of those week ends when the power line noise made true
contesting impossible. When beaming to W-NW the noise level was S9+10dB. When
beaming to JA noise was only S5. The noise source is only 100-150 m from my
antenna towers.
During those 31 hours of operating time(by contest rules)I had a total of 17
hours breaks of 6-56 minutes when the noise was unbeatable and exceeded my
tolerance.
Because of the limitations I decided to use my time to learn the use of DX
Clusters in contesting and go assisted class. By the second day I had learned
quite a lot but I am still clumsy and waste time. I have no SO2R on RTTY, only
on CW. Because of the high noise level I  could not copy very well and most
probably there are many copying errors in the log.
There were surprising openings to the west coast on 20 and 15 on Sunday night.

Despite of the frustration during the contest I feel now after a good sleep
that it was a good learning session and a great fun.

Thanks for all the QSOs and thanks for being patient because of several repeat
requests.

Pertti, OH2PM