[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOSB80 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOSB80 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 11:42:24 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOSB80 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  335       2       7    41
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  335       2       7    41  Total Score = 32,000

Club:

Comments:

Hi!

2017 isn't the year that ON3DI is active a lot, I notice that the conditions
are going down, the interest in the hobby is a bit gone... But two weeks before
the contest I received two plaques, one for the cq ww rtty 2015 and one for
2016, both world records, both wins on 80m qrp. So the plan was to defend my
'title' on 80m qrp non assisted.
The Sunday before the contest I checked my settings, I was forgotten that I
changed some things for my kenwood ts590s. Configuration and I, we are not the
best friends, I hate it... On Thursday I found the problem, it worked. On
Friday I went to my contest qth and it didn't work, it was tempting to sell all
my stuff, it was enough. Anyway a few hours later I found the problem and ON3DI
could be qrv.

Next problem was that I haven't heard my alarm, I missed the first 2 hours of
the contest, normally the best for me. The conditions were ok, the noiselevel
was low, Always nice!
With my dipole it isn't a problem to work whole Europe, outside that and with
5w it is a bit difficult. I work two USA stations, K5ZD and KI1G, K5ZD very
easy, he was so strong. V31MA was weak but I worked him with a first call! I
heard some other nice stations like 5T5KO, AA3B, A44A, NR4M, K9CT, but they
couldn't copy me, that pitty. SO less states then last year... Anyway I was
glad that I could work CR3W and CR3A (who was stronger) and TF1R!

I slept more this year, I was really tired after the shift from Saturday 18h
local time until Sundaymorning 7h local time. At the end of the contest I was
already in bed, mist on hour.

Anyway I hope my effort was enough to win again, three times in a row would be
nice, could be the Sagan of the radio:-) :-)

Setup: dxlab, 5w, ft897, dipole!

Tnx for all who worked me!

73

Pieter ON3DI