[3830] CQ WW RTTY IZ1YPF(@IR1Y) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, michele.ferrari96@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY IZ1YPF(@IR1Y) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:49:36 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IZ1YPF
Operator(s): IZ1YPF
Station: IR1Y

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36:27

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1716      142     257    92  Total Score = 2,112,773

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Intresting weekend. After several months of work, the station was nearly ready
with a new design. This was a "test", just to be sure that everything
done so far was working. Among all the things, thanks to my friends Flavio
IK1YDB, Giacomo IZ1RYS and Carlo IK1HJS their help and work is priceless.

About the contest, friday after the 80m vertical rise we changed a commutation
box for the rx antenna system, the previous one seemed to have problems. It
wasn't the box. So, rx antennas were out of order. During the contest, the
stack match once every while was delayng the TX/RX commutation. So I dropped
the stack match and used a manual commutator.
But the best thing happened sunday, when the coax cable of the main antenna
(@26 m)has detached itself from the PL connector. I climbed the tower and
realized that I coudn't fix it my self. I was alone. So, I lost the main
antenna as well as the 3 el for 40m (the only antenna of the band). I did the
whole sunday with a 250 degrees fixed multibander.

But all these things didn't affect my poor operation on saturday, I did a
really bad job. Too few mults and absolutely wrong operating strategy, the
blame of that is all on me.

Monday I woke up at 6 o'clock, closed and packed all the things. I was in a
rush because I had to go to the University. But I was still in need of a
shower. After having it, I realized I left the towel in my car. I had a joyful
walk (wearing only my underwear) in a chilly mountain moorning looking for my
towel, that I found eventually not in my car but inside the house.

By the way, good fun. Cheers!