[3830] ARRL 10G+ KB8U 10G Only QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ KB8U 10G Only QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 01:43:51 +0000
ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: 10G Only QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  10G:   21       15023
  24G:
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
---------------------------
Total:   21       15023  Total Score = 17,123

Club: Michigan VHF-UHF Society

Team:

Comments:

Not much luck the first weekend.  I only operated one day.  I Tried a schedule
for a east-west path the length of Lake Erie without success from the west end.
 Closer in, I could not get other Lake Erie operator's attention on the air even
though I could hear them, I did not have 2m for liaison, and my cell phone
couldn't call into Canada.

The 2nd weekend was very productive from the west coast of Michigan across to
Wisconsin as the rover pack there went up and down the shore line.  Signals
were so loud toward the end of the contest that I made QSOs with the dish
pointed 180 degrees the wrong way just for laughs.  They were still S9.  One of
the MI ops was clearly receiving the WI crowd with the coax disconnected from
his dish (just an SMA connector for an "antenna".  I think the
distance was 175km.  Lots of fun and the weather mostly cooperated (just a few
passing sprinkles).