[3830] TxQP K5GQ SO CW Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5GQ SO CW Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 03:28:01 +0000
Texas QSO Party

Call: K5GQ
Operator(s): K5GQ
Station: K5GQ

Class: SO CW Mobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:  199
   20:  212
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  411     0       0  Mults = 1  Total Score = 83,844

Club: Northwest Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

My thanks to NM5G, Keith who supplied his truck with hamsticks, Kenwood 480 and
computer. And programmed the kenwood vhf/uhf for APRS via digipeater and a
tablet to send APRS. I believe as a result more stations worked me multiple
times: N6MU 12; WA2VYA 11; WB9CIF 10; NO5W 9; K4MM 8; KE0TT 8; VE3KZ 8;
K4BAI,K5KS,N5RZ,N8UM,N8II,W2RR worked me 7 times.

Also, thanks to Mark Winslet, K5IB, who drove and took pictures. (Keith also
took picture.)

One knows the band is bad when K4BAI’s signal is down in the noise rather
that its normal strong signal. On both Saturday and Sunday the noise was seldom
below S7, and would go up to 15 to 20 over.
Then other noise would move in frequency. I would move either up or down in
frequency where there was less noise and try again. Almost 2pm on Sunday the
signals came out of the noise and my Q rate shot up to over 100. This lasted
until 3pm.

This is my first time using N3FJP logging software for TxQP.  When I looked at
the help screen and N3FJP  would send the county one was in. WOW. This I tried
it; switched the county to Jefferson. The description in the CW setup
description says % will send the current county abbreviation.
Well it sends the full name and not the abbreviation. I used the "F"
keys no problem except remember which county was which F key.

I did not understand the N3fjp software, I entered the county in the same box
as I entered the state. (Just like Writlog or N1MM) N3fjp understood that to be
DX. THANKS Keith for correcting all those errors in log.

Mark
K5GQ