[3830] 432FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djholman@u.washington.edu
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 08:46:40 +0000
432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH: wwa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 59  Mults = 20  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 1,180

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Fun, fun fun.  I roved around the CN86/CN87/CN96/CN97 grid intersection in the
NW foothills of Mt. Rainier.  Started in CN96 then CN86 --> CN87 -->
CN97, and then reversed course back to CN96.  Of course there were a couple of
quick returns to a nearby grid to work new stations.

Pretty good turn out in the Pacific Northwest.  Conditions were highly
variable, with some deep QSB cycles down toward Portland, OR (CN85).  Worked a
total of 18 unique stations, and 12 of them were worked from all 4 grids.

The 20 grids worked were CN85, CN86, CN87, CN88, CN89, each worked from all
four of my grids.  Some grids were lit-up by a single station: VE7AFZ was the
only CN89 station heard, WA7ZWG was the only CN88 station heard, and N7KSI was
the only CN86 station heard.  I really appreciate working them all four times.
CN85 was well represented by KE7MSU, K7SMA, and K7YDL.

Almost all QSOs were on 432 MHz SSB (with a few CW QSOs). The exceptions were
N7QOZ and N7EHP who were only on 446 MHz FM, and they worked me in every grid.

Equipment: FT-857d with a RF Concepts 100 W brick for SSB/CW, and a TYT-9800 at
40 W for FM.  Antennas for in-motion QSOs at 8': a pair of 6 ele WA5VJB
"Cheap Yagis", one vertical (FM) and one horizontal (SSB/CW).  While
stationary, a telescoping mast was raised to 25' with an 11 ele LFA (horizontal
for SSB/CW) and 10 ele "Cheap Yagi" vertically polarized (FM) was
used.