[3830] CQ WW RTTY AB1J SOSB80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AB1J SOSB80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 13:41:53 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:  205      34      15    10
   40:
   20:
   15:   46
   10:   14
-----------------------------------
Total:  205      34      15    10  Total Score = 15,871

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a mostly uneventful contest, especially in regard to QSOs.  Last year
was better. This time around conditions were poorer, I went unassisted and
natural disasters had hit Texas, Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico.  I saw a
niche worth going for but I was sort of subdued given the widespread suffering
and destruction.  I thought about the stations I wasn't hearing.

I wish the best for everyone affected by the hurricanes and earthquakes.

Apparently the USA 80m data band ends at 3600 kHz or wherever 5T5OK is
operating, whichever is higher.  Good to know.

I hadn't planned on operating on the higher bands but conditions were so good
on 15m and even 10m opened, so I couldn't resist jumping in a bit on Sunday.
10m was South America only for me, but I still got all excited.  It doesn't
take much as the sunspot cycle tanks.

The score above is for 80m only.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+  MMTTY-MMTTY-2Tone
Quarterwave outdoor wire and indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog