[3830] CaQP N6XI M/MFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rick@tavan.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6XI M/MFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 23:16:20 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: N6XI
Operator(s): N6XI AE6Y
Station: N6XI

Class: M/MFixed LP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   30      8
   80:  134    113
   40:  309    132
   20:  319    128
   15:  155     56
   10:    1
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

N6XI and AE6Y were practicing for WRTC 2018, so this was essentially a
two-operator multi-two submitted as multi-multi because there is no M/2
category. Operated about 18 hours, confirming that the triplexor works well,
the old, big, switchable bandpass filters are OK but will be replaced with more
compact monoband units. Due to an indirect lightning strike last month, the 2el
tribander had a dead rotor so we set the mast to 70 degrees for the entire
contest. The Mag240N and 80M rotary dipole were in excess of WRTC spec and
actually could rotate. Conditions were lousy with only a couple of hours when
more than one band was open and active at the same time. We feel sorry for the
lonely ops at real multi-multi's!