[3830] CaQP N6ZFO SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6ZFO SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 23:51:18 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: LAKE County
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    20     0
   80:   124    72
   40:   199    39
   20:   448   305
   15:   203    58
   10:    34     9
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1028   483  Mults = 58  Total Score = 234,900

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Sunday morning, trying to eke out a few Q's on a marginal 15m SSB, I was called
by SV1PMR in Greece at solid S8.  Then 1 DL on CW.  On 20m Sunday morning,
5B4AMM was like a local.  Many Eu stations worked.

Perhaps there should be an award for "last to 58"   .  finally, in
the last hour, was called by KL7SIX on 20SSB for #58 with Ser # 2.  Hauntingly
similar to last year: WL7E (also received Ser # 2)) was my last section, worked
Sunday morning.  VT was worrisome. . got v. weak K2LE for #57 at about 0700Z on
80CW; he called again on 20m CW Sunday morning.  VE4 also worrisome, but ended
up with 3 Q's and 2 stations. Tried to get my friend Summer, VE5SDH to drive
over to VE4, but she reminded me this would not be a good idea as she is
legally blind. Normally scarce sections NE, ND were abundant.

In general, conditions were poor, with high noise on 20 and 15.  Sent most of
the 1000 CW Q's by hand, not realizing until late in the contest that the K1EL
keyer batteries were almost dead.

Score migh be a new Lake County HP record, finally displacing AD6E from this
esteemed position. Any error rate below 9.5% will suffice.

73 Bill n6zfo