[3830] CaQP K7HKR SO(A)Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K7HKR SO(A)Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 03:59:04 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:          36
   40:          36
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   0      72  Mults = 37  Total Score = 5,328

Club:

Comments:

100 watts, 8-foot diameter magnetic loop from AZ, all SSB

Life got in the way and I missed all of daylight on Saturday.  Then, I still
had to spend 2 hours to get my new 8-foot loop up, which should give me 3-4dB
over my 5-foot loop and can tune all the way down to 160.  Finally on the air
at 0330UT.  The loop was working fine on 40 and 80, and I nabbed 55 S&P
QSOs (plus one dupe) by 07UT, when participation fell off a cliff.  A station
was periodically calling on 160 until at least 09UT, but never heard me, so
that part of the experiment didn't work.

More 40 and 80 around 1300-1400UT, then on to 20 with my smaller loop.  That's
when the fun ended, as I was too close and barely heard anything at all from
CA.  Plus, there was lots of QRM from the hundreds of stations calling in to CA
from the east coast.  (Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, and they were mostly QRMing
each other.)  Gave up at 16UT, then back for the last 20 minutes for a few more
on 40.  I had no expectations of how this would go, and was happy to get almost
two-thirds of the counties on 40 and 80 with an antenna that still fits on an
8-foot square patio and tops out below 15 feet.  Thanks for the big turnout.