[3830] CaQP AE0EE SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE0EE SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:24:18 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:   16
   40:   36     28
   20:   42     23
   15:   29
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  123     51  Mults = 41  Total Score = 19,311

Club:

Comments:

100 W, K3, dipoles up 20-30'.

I ran into issues throughout the contest.  Started putting antennas up for
40/15 m and 20 m at contest start.  The 20 m antenna tuned weirdly, and I soon
found it was damaged beyond repair.  After remaking the antenna in a couple
hours, I was back on the air for a while.  There seemed to be some RFI issues
on 40 m, too, particularly on SSB.  I wasn't able to track down exactly what
was going on or get it completely resolved.  Better station grounding is likely
in the future.  Almost all of Sunday was lost due to some natural gas issues in
the shack and getting those resolved.  I wished I'd set up the 10 m antenna,
even though it would've taken away from contest time.

Despite the setbacks, propagation was good and activity was high.  There were
lots of stations to work, and they came in pretty easily.

Thanks for the QSOs and KB!