[3830] Oceania CW KH6BE SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, raedward@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW KH6BE SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 07:16:55 +0000
Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6BE
Operator(s): KH6BE
Station: KH6BE

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Honolulu, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  23     22
   15:  15     13
   10:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  40     37  Total Score = 2,183

Club:

Comments:

This was my last contest operation from Hawaii before moving back to the
mainland USA next week. 5W - Elecraft KX3, Buddipole vertically-oriented
dipole, battery-powered portable from Ala Moana Beach Park in Honolulu. Worked
from 00z to 0430z. Rain and deteriorating band conditions on 20/15 led me to
call it a night at local sunset.

20 was quite good at the start - had a short CQ run of mostly mainland stations
at 00z. Moved to 15 between 0030 and 0145, and returned to 20 for 0145-0230.
Made a few more 15 meter contacts from 0230-0315, and the caught a brief
opening on 10 that gave me E51RAT and WH7M. I finished on 20, but signals were
steadily weakening and VK/ZL were even hard for me to work.

I did better this year than last year, so I'm content with that. Looking
forward to working this contest next year from California.

73, Bob KH6BE (AA6OC as of 10/21)