[3830] Oceania CW KJ6MBW SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW KJ6MBW SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:49:53 +0000
Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: KJ6MBW
Operator(s): KJ6MBW
Station: KJ6MBW

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: SF Bay Area
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  19     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  19     14  Total Score = 266

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-857D at 100w
Ant: Tri-band yagi

Checking propagation on 20 during most time while the band was open. I don't
think there were that many stations on 20m to work from here. Propagation to
"near" Pacific (up to 10,000 km from here) was rather good and
signals peaked nicely. Going all the way to VK did not produce strong signals
and very few stations were heard and worked. Most peaked below S9 well after
sunset, local noise I had from that direction was not helping much. I was under
impression that there were not that many VKs on 20 in general. Could not work a
single YB station and exactly one YB is what I heard on 20, not loud either.

Many thanks,

Sergey