[3830] PaQP KD8MQ Multi-Op Port LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd8mq1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP KD8MQ Multi-Op Port LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 01:04:25 +0000
Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: KD8MQ
Operator(s): KD8MQ KD8KMQ
Station: KD8MQ

Class: Multi-Op Port LP
QTH: Jefferson Cty
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   11      1      0         0
   80:   16     55      0         0
   40:   24    231      0         0
   20:    4     25      0         0
   15:    0      0      0         0
   10:    0      0      0         0
    6:    0      0      0         0
    2:    0      0      0         0
---------------------------------------
Total:   55    312      0         0  Mults = 107  Total Score = 52,354

Club: Portage County ARS

Comments:

We had beautiful weather right up until the end. We customarily tear down early
for the trip back to Ohio.
This year, we again built the antenna on site. We used a multi-band dipole for
160-20 Meters. It was hung in Inverted Vee configuration at about 50'.
We built a 6 Meter dipole and hung it at 15'. Unfortunately, the band never
really opened for us. We'll try 6 again next year, but get the antenna much
higher.
Thanks go to John, N8PLA for hosting us again this year.
Our normal dining establishment had burned in May, then re-opened soon after,
then closed for the season the week before the PAQP. We took the opportunity to
check out the other restaurants in the area.
73 all, John, KD8MQ