[3830] Makrothen RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) SO/Single Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) SO/Single Xcvr HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:53:02 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 6.6
Remote Operation

------------
   80:   30
   40:   64
   20:   22
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------
Total:  116  Total Score = 584,942

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
I ran the K3 into an ACOM-2000a amp at around 1kw.
I used all the antennas on tower #2 (80-m Inv Vee, 40-m Yagi & 3-el
Stepp-IR).

While the space weather condx were horrible (poking "holes" in
signals),
The upper bands were certainly open (according to DXMaps.Com at any rate).
I was amazed by how strong many stations were.  It was nice to add a
couple of new countries to the WQ6X Fallbrook area log.

Because I was running remote I spent more time running frequencies, simply
because it is much easier then "turning the knob" remotely via
RCForb.
Wassup with the WEIRD scoring of this contest: 116 Q's = 500k points? HuH?

Something that really SHOCKED ME was to find the "corridor"
surrounding
the 14.100 NCDXF beacon frequency was ACTUALLY clear!
I have been complaining about this in my contest BLOG for years.
It was nice to see that people were respecting the beacon frequency for
once in a populous RTTY contest.  If we can do that in the upcoming WAE
RTTY contest, I will be completely stoked.

You can read my writeup on this and other contest events during
the weekend at the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com.