[3830] PaQP K0BAK/R Rover Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kobak@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP K0BAK/R Rover Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 19:53:47 +0000
Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: K0BAK/R
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK/R

Class: Rover Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------------------
Total:   0     689      0         0  Mults = 115  Total Score = 91,235

Club: Pottstown Area ARC

Comments:

Another fun PA QSO Party. This is my fourth in a row, all as a rover.
Thank you to all the organizers, volunteers, sponsors, and bonus station
operations; and of course especially to Mike Coslo.
I was able to follow my plan pretty closely, and got a nice pileup
almost every time I was able to find a band spot to call CQ.
Didn’t start too well with an intermittent RF problem,
but replaced the cable from radio to amp and all was good again;
was an anxious feeling having a major glitch at the first location.
My first stop was CMB; had I known how rare it turned out to be,
I would have stayed longer. Only heard one county line station,
usually get several. I didn’t discover my computer time was horribly wrong
for a few hours, took a lot of log massaging afterwards to correct it.
Activated FUL, HUN, and FRA on Saturday night using different locations
from last year that took a lot less time to get to.
My score went up hugely compared to last year, mostly due to being
more aggressive about calling CQ more and S&P less. Didn’t even try
the CW bands since I can only S&P CW. Got a call from KG4WV in
Guantanamo Bay, but it’s not a section multiplier!
I activated 3 parks in the World Wide Flora and Fauna program while in
BED, PER, DAU; some of my WWFF friends helped me out throughout the contest.
Looking forward to having a better and permanent mobile ham station for the
next PAQP.