[3830] TBDC K4LY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K4LY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 14:13:49 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 40  Total Score = 102

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Configured my 160M Inv L for 630M over 2 years ago and could not operate 160M
with it.  Yesterday  removed one of the 630M top hat wires and added 70' of
slopping vertical wire to create new 160M Inv L, transmitting with about 80
watts.  Used TX antenna for RX.  Conditions very noisy.  Need to evaluate if
this antenna is going to work so very close of my 66' tower, house and all
those other 630M wires! Heard just a couple of EU and west coast in the QRN,
and worked nothing very far away. I may be one of the few left who worked W1BB
and met him!  Thanks for the Qs.