[3830] CQWW SSB MM3AWD SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB MM3AWD SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 16:37:42 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: New Deer, Scotland
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   72     8       36
   40:  108     7       36
   20:  436    14       59
   15:  127    11       29
   10:    6     4        5
------------------------------

Club: Buchan Contest Group

Comments:

Well that was lots of fun.
The new contest QTH is over 300m above sea level on a hill in the middle of
nowhere. Totally open in all directions and no man-made noise in sight! DXers
PARADISE without the fine weather!

Although QRP is tough and a challenge, that makes it more enjoyable!

I came into this one being prepared with a decent antenna "farm" at
my disposal.
Which certainly did help.

In the final few hours build up to the contest all the antennas were performing
well and things looked bright as the bands were in better than expected shape.

During the first night it was the standard slog battling with everyone for Q's

High winds really put a dwell on proceedings as i had to lower everything down
to be safe.

The high bands were excellent and even managed to find a clear spot near the
bottom of the band, was nice to get a 45 minute run going.

Very happy with the final result. New *Claimed GM QRP RECORD*

Equipment:
Yaesu FT1000MP
5W
High Gain TH6DXX @ 60ft
Wire loops, wire verticals, inverted L ... (the Spiders Web)
1.6KvA Generator running in low fuel consumption mode.. only used 15L of fuel
for 50 hours running! Outstanding!

Many thanks to all callers, those that had the patience to pick me out and of
course to everyone part of the biggest contest in the calendar!

Hope to see you all in the CW leg!

73 Scott
MM3AWD

 Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  Pt/Q