[3830] CQWW SSB KU8E SOSB/40Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KU8E SOSB/40Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 00:37:39 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOSB/40Classic HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  142    21       60
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3 / KPA500 ~ 600 watts and center fed zepp and NW/SW Dipole.

A big struggle running less than full legal limit. I had to check a few times
to see if my antennas were broken. Just doesn't seem rational that a station
that's +20-30 dB can't even hear a peep of you calling them. Lots of EU and SA
alligators who can't hear hoards of stations in the USA calling them. All the
EU stations cram into 7125-7200 to work the USA. Many EU stations with great
signals below 7125 never bother to listen up for the USA. I guess they would
rather just CQ until they are blue in the face hoping they can make another one
point EU QSO? Let me tell you you are just throwing away QSO's by not listening
up in the US band. I have simple antennas and only run 600 watts and usually
when I call a EU station listening up I work them on the first call most of the
time. I probably heard 30+ counties on 40 meters I couldn't work because of the
US band allocations. With the declining sunspots 40 meters is going to become
more important. Think about that if you want a higher score?

Jeff KU8E