[3830] CQWW SSB N6WM(@K6LRG) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N6WM(@K6LRG) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 03:42:30 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: K6LRG

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  627    26       95
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well.  Another weekend filled with family commitments, soccer tournaments,
Dinner engagements etc.  so very part time.  N1MM says 14 hours and this was
broken up through the weekend.  Fortunately I was able to be QRV when I needed
to be for the most part.

Friday my wife was at a school commitment so I was able to drain 15m until it
died.  Great JA run had me set a 500 qso goal for the weekend.  Got up Saturday
to a 15 meter band wide open to big parts of EU, and after that session I set a
goal for 500 qso plus DXCC for the weekend.  As you can see I exceeded my 500
qso goal with a second phenomenal JA run Saturday afternoon, and I came darn
close to working 15m dxcc in 14 qrv hours.

Treats was having a VK9-C op answer my cq, along with a number of juicy
Asian/OC mults.  There were many very amusing pile up moments with fellow
contesters, one of the more challenging parts of working assisted and "dog
piling" on a new mult.  Sometimes just working a few SA stations and
revisiting the mult does wonders.  also able to secure a brief run to EU on
Sunday morning.

I also enjoyed testing the K6LRG 15m yagi against the N6RO stack with Gary NA6O
at the helm, Hilltop high altitude vs Stacked gain and diversity from ground..
interesting stuff.  I think mostly we were cancelling each other out when we
went head to head. but some favored the stack while others benefited from the
hilltop low angle effect.

Overall, I had a great time, balancing family life with CQWW SSB in the single
band category.. and I am happy with the result.

Stn: Elecraft K3/0 > Remote Rig> K3/Expert 2KFA/Force 12 EF-415 at 1850ft
elev.
(conversion to flex 6500 underway) N1MM logger +

K6LRG station and remote performed flawlessly.

There is always a way to have fun contesting, just need to pick a category that
works for your situation.

73 and seeya next time
Chris
N6WM