[3830] CQWW SSB N4OC SOSB/160Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4OC@mac.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4OC SOSB/160Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 01:52:24 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4OC
Operator(s): N4OC
Station: N4OC

Class: SOSB/160Classic LP
QTH: WARWICK, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  53     9        19
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  53     9        19  Total Score = 2,660

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Decided to try my hand at 160 meters for a test run using low power after
hoisting an inverted L.  Finished installing a 200 foot Beverage on the ground
just as the contest started (not the way to be doing this with no testing but
work prevented me from doing it earlier).  BOG did not give me an advantage.  I
stayed with the inverted L on receive.  Only a few contacts into EUROPE.Had a
good time search and pounce.  My first use of N1MM+ and my first contest from a
home QTH since 1965! Good way to work out the bugs. Thanks for the Q's and look
forward to installing a better receive antenna and running a linear amp.  Next
time!

Well done to K3LR and W3LPL --signals and operators were impressive.

73
Ed

Fully upgraded Elecraft K3 and P3
Inverted L at 70' with 2000 ft of radials
MacBook Pro using Parallel's to run Windows 7