[3830] CQWW SSB W7TVC(@K7CIE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W7TVC(@K7CIE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 04:57:10 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): K7CIE W6ABM KD7VIK WS7L
Station: K7CIE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   21     7       10
   40:   43    17       21
   20:  258    26       81
   15:  193    22       57
   10:   11     4        5
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A little worse than we did last year. We had a few more Q's but fewer
multipliers and about 25,000 less points. 20 and 15 were better than last year
but all other bands were worse. Once again, we found EU difficult on any band
except 20, although there was a narrow swath of propagation on 15 that netted
EA, CT, F, and CU. At least we finished strong with a productive run into Asia
on 15 meters that netted many JAs plus three or four multipliers.

Best DX was armchair copy with A73A, working them on a single call. Any day
that you can work the middle east from here in the northwest is a good day.

Run station ProIII + PW-1, Optibeam Yagi, Thunderbolt and MA-160V verticals
Mult station ProIII + AL-811H, R8 vertical

Thanks to Michael, Emily, and the cats for the hospitality and to all of you
for the QSOs.
73 from the Tualatin Valley Contesters.