[3830] CQWW SSB AB1J SOSB(A)/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AB1J SOSB(A)/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 14:32:07 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:
   40:   22
   20:
   15:  100    16       60
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I participated just to participate. To say I was there. Me and Kilroy.

I did a lot of spotting to help folks out. I got lectured once by W3LPL about
needing to contribute spots if I was also using them. However, as you may know,
I have a lot of trouble with the relation of spotting and assistance, so I did
it reluctantly.

Also, I can't hear the really good stuff, so I'm not sure how useful my spots
were. On Sunday morning I listened to K5ZD run Europeans on a 15m zip line and
I really couldn't hear them at all. We're only 30 miles apart and I have a good
receiver, so it's all in the antennas.

On CW and RTTY whatever qualms I have are over-ridden by the skimmers, so I'm
off the hook.  Generally, I operate assisted to be consistent with my beliefs.
And avoid phone contests.

15m was in great shape so that's where I stayed except for a little 40m on
Sunday to check out the contest tip about operating there in the mornings
before the higher bands opened to EU.  That was a spot-on suggestion.

I neglected to work a Zone 3 station.  Thought for sure I'd find one toward the
end of the contest, but none.  Maybe the West coast just tuned out, turned off
and dropped out.

I had an even 100 QSOs.  A nice round number.  I'm often happy we don't have
six digits on our hands.  100(base 12) being 144(10).  It's nicer for DXCC,
too.  Of course, we could have it easier, as in Simpson-land.

See you in the WW-CW.  That'll be more fun for me.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+