[3830] CQWW SSB CN2R M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sanda@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CN2R M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 23:13:54 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CN2R
Operator(s): OK1DO OK1FFU OK1JKT OK1RI OK1VVT OM6NM W7EJ OM6PM
Station: CN2R

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Casablance
Operating Time (hrs): 46,5

  160:   142    10       47
   80:  1497    25       99
   40:  2631    32      122
   20:  2758    35      128
   15:  3931    38      136
   10:   993    26       96
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Once more from the great CN2R station. This time we had some new antennas - 6Y
for 10m at 55m and high stack of 2x5Y for 20m fixed to EU. Jim did not felt
good and whole setup of the station was on me/us and it was not easy since the
station is rather complicated, most of the "boxes" are home made by
Jim... on the end all - well almost, worked with some exeptions - we did build
4 beverages but the switching system produced only noise and we were unable in
the stress to fix it, so no beverages and it was BAD on 160m, 80m Yagi was
stucked to 305 deg - fine for USA, not too good for EU and disaster for the
east. Two of the 20m rotors were stuck one to 110 deg, one to 143 deg, so.....
We had also 90 minutes blackout in Sunday - no electricity during prime time
for the USA on high bands. Also no inbands and no multiplier stations this
year.
So considering - we are most happy with the result and do hope to do a bit
better during the CW leg - the 80m rotor is already fixed.

Looking forward to the next QSO in next contest.
And most important we all had a great time !

Jiri - OK1RI

PS: do not forget those 374 DUPES we amassed - HI