[3830] CQWW SSB IR4M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IR4M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 10:10:58 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IR4M
Operator(s): I4EWH I4IFL I4KLY IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IK4WKU IW3FVZ IW4EII
IZ4NIC IZ4ZZB IZ5ICH
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   74    13       72
   80:  624    21       96
   40: 1792    34      125
   20: 2698    38      148
   15: 1792    37      151
   10:  108    25       85
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This year three new operators joined the usual team: IK4WKU, IW3FVZ and IW4EII.
Despite their little experience in HF contesting, they did well and we're
confident they will improve in the future.

During the contest we had some issues...
The 40m rotator stopped working on Saturday evening remaining (luckily!) stuck
to USA. Sunday at dawn, Nicola IZ4NIC was already climbing the tower for an
emergency repair to restore it.
10m were affected during the whole contest by a noisy power line... we fear
that will be a tough one to solve!
Finally (yes, that was a challenging contest) 80m verticals switch was stuck in
end-fire to South-East!
Guess what? We'll have some work to do shortly...

Regardless, conditions on the bands have been just fine both on high and low
bands, and we had a lot of fun.
Congratulations to the 9A1P crew in business trip to LX, completely out of
reach! It was nice to race with them and our OM7M friends on cqcontest board.
Now, let's prepare for the CW leg!