[3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 02:04:09 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   76
   40:  526
   20:  406
   15:  147
   10:    0
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

When I look at my MULT list, the only 2 holes are VI and PR.  As hard as we got
hit by Hurricane Harvey in Houston, it was a cakewalk compared to VI and PR.  I
know they have much more pressing issues than playing radio right now but I sure
missed them.  I thought I heard K5ZD work a PR station very early but never
heard the other end of Randy's QSO.  I look forward to them getting back on
their feet and having time for SS next year.

I needed a radio fix this weekend but this was drudgery again.  I just
completely miss the bus when it takes off at 2100Z.  If you don't have a great
start for the first few hours, you're not going to catch the taillights of the
leaders.  It was still fun though.  Now I've got to figure out why one of my
ACOM2000a apparently has a bad vacuum relay because it gave out mid-contest and
my S&P rig was at 100W for the rest of the contest.  Conditions were too
good because EU called more than anything else.  ;-)

I think this was national QRP testing weekend but I sure thank the QRPers for
the Qs.

73,

Bob K5WA