[3830] SS CW NC1I(K1RX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NC1I(K1RX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 03:34:13 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NC1I
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: NC1I

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  114
   40:  615
   20:  355
   15:   58
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Guest Op at the NC1I station.  First time seriously using the microHAM SO2R
setup with his fully automated station. First hours were a mess as this
operator was tired, and not familiar with the function keys to control the
station. Broke the first law of contesting by climbing a tower hours before the
start :) Took awhile to get up to speed but by then had lost the race to the
local competition.  The early confusion and probably on-air annoyance did not
help but it was the first time. Fortunately within a few hours got on track and
started having some fun.  That's what it's about - right? Did not find NNY for
the sweep - looked all day for any sign of PR or VI - got them toward the end.
That's the ham spirit in action - best wishes to all of the people affected by
the horrible WX conditions in that region.

Thanks for another fun CW SS - great practice for that other contest just a few
weeks away!

73, Mark, K1RX