[3830] SS CW K3UA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3UA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:34:35 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  475
   40:  286
   20:  128
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

SS CW is surely a challenge every year.  Each year I always say I am retiring
from any serious operation but I continue to come back.

Station:    SO1R  with K3 and all band 80-Meter inverted vee up about 25 feet
at the center.  I did use  a remote receiving wire which I used for tuning the
same band and listening separately while running with the main radio.  Had to
run the wire about three feet high along my 175 ft long driveway to get it away
from the transmit antenna but it worked and could easily hear pretty weak guys
on the remote receiver.

I have got to figure a way to do this SO2R in the future.

Congrats to all the operators and the fine scores.  It is always fun to
exchange reports with old friends and all of the new ops who are first time in
the log this year.

The pile-up on N6EE in NNY was tremendous on 40M but managed to snag him by
calling a bit off frequency.  Found NP4Z on 40 with ten minutes left in the
contest and easily snagged him but he was weak but remarkably there was nobody
calling him and he continued CQing with no answers.

And in final - for some reason I am always super drained after SS CW compared
to even DX contests.  Must be something about the long exchange and extreme
slowing of rates after the first 12 hours or so.

73,

Phil K3UA