[3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 16:39:29 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 11.7

------------
  160:    0
   80:  157
   40:  219
   20:  206
   15:   49
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a long half a SS! I was already well behind the leaders at 0140Z and my
back hurt(chiropractor visit Friday) from the stress of copying that long
exchange, so I quit for the night. I also had to cut grass Saturday. Hats of to
all who operated nearly full time or more. Sunday was great until 40 dropped off
and then very slow to slow.
At the start, 20 was going great (no great rate here) and even enhanced by Es
into 4's, 8's, and 9's well past any hope for F2, but activity collapsed around
2345Z. 80 sounded good with a very short skip zone at least at first and loud
mid western stations. Sunday was best early with short skip on 40 in the 13Z
hour never to be repeated the rest of the day (PA and most of NJ skipping
over). 15 was open fairly well, but not to very populated areas for most of the
day. It was a long time before any WA stations were heard late afternoon. Sunday
evening on 80 was pretty dreadful with a long skip zone and lots of noise from
the storms to the west; stations like N2IC and W0UA were loud around their
sunset.
Getting the mults was tough! The last mult found was SK on 15 in the 19Z hour,
next QSO was another one and found one more soon thereafter. AK was loud. Never
heard a trace of PR and VI (not surprised, hope they can recover) and NNY (looks
like NM2O from PVRC was not on or on little).
Thanks for the QSO's. As N9RV says, providing fills is a lost art, lots of time
wasted with people sending the entire exchange again. Also had a lot of the
dreaded "AGN" following sent exchange even with stations who were
very loud here and I never sent over 30 WPM and did slow slow down for the
obviously CW impaired. SS CW is not my cup of tea, phone is better with more
activity.

73, Jeff