[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 13:30:23 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 8

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 0.3

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  10
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  10  Mults = 10  Total Score = 100

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Tuff sleddin' ! 0*C/32*F...no coat...leather seats cccold. K=5 or something.

IK0YVV was the loudest signal on the band, followed by F6HKA,
 Mr. Elephant ears Bert.  Le grand oreilles dans France (tres bien Bert mon
ami).
  Everyone else was in the mud.

Recently took off the Scorpion SA-680s antenna from the MINI's roof racks
(nothing wrong with it) due to lower temps and much increased risk of damage
due to ice/snow/freezing rain/salt etc.  It likely would withstand it, but I
won't risk damage to a wonderful antenna like this.

The other day I took a 11m helical "twin trucker" (mirror mount) CB
antenna and mounted it on top of a homebrew coil and tweaked it for 20m only.
Seems to get out just fine.  This will be my go-to winter antenna on the MINI
'til spring. (or til it breaks!) I may end up making the coil bigger with some
jumpers for other bands, but for now it's a minibander....errr, I mean a
monobander.

dit dit

Mike VE9AA & VE9AA/m  FT-857D, HB 20m whip, N3ZN, pencil/paper (the pen is
froze) and an aging 09 MINI (parked)