[3830] WAE RTTY KB1RI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY KB1RI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 04:32:54 +0000
WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cary, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 20.75

   80:   79   79    0     52
   40:  124  161   37     81
   20:  176  206   30     80
   15:    7    7    0     12
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  386  453   67    225  Total Score = 101,925

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was able to operation on and off throughout the weekend with about half my total
time on Sunday.  First time working this contest and I was totally unprepared
for how to use the QTC interface.  Learning that on the fly was quite costly.
I clearly don't know how to properly get the received QTC's from the digital
interface window to the QTC entry window.  Once you get an error in that table,
you are really screwed even after getting the "fixed" version of
software.  Correcting the jumbled mess I created on each of my received QTC
sets took me 45 minutes.  Just avoided receiving QTC's after that.  Had one EU
station respond during the correction of QTC's in complete frustration with the
SW and just say forget it after several repeats.  I felt his pain and lived it.
I know I left a bunch of QTC points on the table.  I'll be better prepared the
next time!  I did get to prove out some antenna and station improvements.  I
wish my operating times aligned better when the EU stations were workable.  So,
I ended up with mostly domestic Q's.  Looking forward to the next time.