[3830] SS SSB K7XC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7XC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:13:03 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DM09jh - N NV
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:    0
   80:   11
   40:  114
   20:  652
   15:   49
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Struggled in the beginning. Nothing seemed to work well so I stopped at 10PM
with only 180Qs in the log and tried to get a good nights sleep. Woke up at
530AM, fired off the pellet stove, Got dressed for the 23 degree morning and
went outside to put the 80M antenna on SSB. After defrosting my fingers in
front of the hot stove I made some breakfast and finally sat down in front of
the radio a bit before 630AM and didn't move for 7 hours. I ran a 100 QSO per
Hour pileup on 14.196 MHz until 0130PM when I had to stop as my brain was
simply fried. Took a long break including a nap, lunch and a quick shower and
still couldn't bring myself to continue. Still, those early Sunday morning
hours were some of the best SSB contesting I have done in years! The bands
slowly degenerated over the weekend into noisy, hollow sounding, QSB filled
mush. Thanks to all who stopped to work me. Missed only the KP4 for a clean
sweep. Station here is an old IC-746 driving an AL80B to 800W. Antennas include
a 3ele 15M Yagi @ 30', 3ele 20M yagi @ 43', and a 40/80M Inv Vee @ 38'. See you
next weekend in CQ WW DX CW!