[3830] SS SSB W1XX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1XX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 15:52:22 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): K1XA W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  350
   40:  728
   20:  321
   15:   40
   10:
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

80 meters outpaced 20 for the first time here.  The CW weekend proved that the
80 meter 4-square doesn't cut it in a domestic contest, so up went a high
dipole off the 100 ft tower that paid off.  20 meters had some funny anomalies
from no runs on Saturday during a slow start to highly productive runs on
Sunday. 40 meters was the usual workhorse.  High winds on Sunday forced a short
shutdown to allow parking the tower (it rotates) in a safer direction before the
winds calmed down.  Conducted several on-the-air educational seminars of
"SS exchange 101" to recent licensees.  Though slowing down the rate,
it was rewarding in good will in nurturing new contesters. It's all part of the
game.  How about a little more humor during the contest?  During Q#1066 I often
mention the Battle of Hastings...there are others I'm sure.  What's the
appropriate comment for Q #807?  You thought the exchange was long?  Does
anyone remember when it included the time/date of the Q to mirror the radiogram
message format?  Ugh!