[3830] SS SSB WA2VYA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WA2VYA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 19:19:47 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: South Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  667
   20:  142
   15:  221
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My first Single op November SS Phone entry from Texas and first overall since
1990.

ICOM IC-7410, AL-80B 500 Watts
40m dipole up 10 feet;
20m, 15m ground mounted R8 vertical;
No 75m antenna.

Nice runs on 40m on Saturday night and on 15m for the first 90 minutes at the
beginning on Saturday.

Rates were terrible on Sunday on 20m and 15m with the vertical.

Heard VO1KVT, but his pileup was too big to crack with the vertical.  Never
heard Puerto Rico.  The other rare places had good representation.

Score slightly exceeds my personal best, which was in 1978 in New Jersey (there
were fewer multipliers then, and I did not work them all).  Less QSOs were made
this year, but with more multipliers worked, the score is higher.

Texas is a different world than the East Coast for the November Sweepstakes.

I was pleased by the number of new and casual participants this year and
working old friends.

Thanks to all.
73, Frank WA2VYA