[3830] SS SSB VE9UNB School Club LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9unb@unb.ca
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE9UNB School Club LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 03:30:31 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE9UNB
Operator(s): CG9EX VE9BWB VE9DOY VE9EN VE9FQU VE9IDK VE9KH VE9PLS VE9SEC VO1RCH
Station: VE9UNB

Class: School Club LP
QTH: Fredericton, Canada
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:   13
   40:   64
   20:   10
   15:   19
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

The operators were Brandon Brown, VE9BWB, Brent Petersen, CG9EX,
Chelsi Doyle, VE9DOY, James Cameron, Joel Dunphy, VE9SEC,
Kevin Hanscom, VE9KH, Martin Hann, VE9PLS, Ryan Hickman, VO1RCH,
Sam Mason, VE9FQU, Trent Mitchell, VE9EN, and
Xavier St.Onge, VE9IDK.

Our antenna was a folded-dipole 10 feet above a wet flat roof
and our RF power was 100 Watts.  Again it was satisfying to hear
thank you when giving out the MAR section and for activating a
school club.

In 2016, it rained and we had 37 QSOs.
In 2017, it rained and we had 107 QSOs.
The major differences between 2016 and 2017 were our band
conditions, experienced students from the 2016 ARRL Sweepstakes
SSB contest, and the welcome the presence of Ryan VO1RCH.
Martin VE9PLS and Ryan VO1RCH were operating when we reached
100 QSOs.  We are fortunate that, for the moment, the station
is still in Head Hall.  This year, we finally had QSOs with the
sections MS and NLI.  From 2013 to 2017, we have not had QSOs
with AR, NT, OK and WPA.