[3830] CQWW CW K3HW SOAB(A)Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K3HW@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3HW SOAB(A)Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:09:15 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOAB(A)Classic LP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   24     9       17
   40:  103    18       52
   20:  128    22       59
   15:   72    17       41
   10:   10     4        5
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was going to do a single band entry but I was persuaded by my club members
including N3AD and W3GD to do an all band effort even though my station is tiny
with my 2 element tribnder, wires and no amp.  I still had fun and put some
points in the FRC coffers.  Conditions were terrible to me on Friday night and
Saturday. Every QSO was an effort and a painful experience.  Thanks to the DX
for the patience in pulling out my tiny station.  Sunday was much better for
conditions especially on 40 and 80 in the last few hours.  I picked up a lot of
mults in the last few hours on the low bands. Favorite moments included busting
a pileup with proper call placement for a zone 10 mult and working a few
JAs,ZL, and a VK6 in the last hour of the contest.  I am hoping things get
better in 2018 and I can improve the antennas and find a used amp so that my
totals improve.  The IC-7300 filters saved the day for this contest. I could
pull out things I never could with my old Pro II and even my old 7600.  Thanks
to the DX and Go FRC!   73 de K3HW ..