[3830] CQWW CW W1NN SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1NN SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:38:25 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:  213    24       77
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A part time low band effort that turned into a semi-serious 40 Meter SB
operation.  This was a remote operation from Japan so the low bands are open
during the day my time, so I didn't have to lose any sleep to operate.  I spent
all day Saturday in the chair but went out for a long walk Sunday afternoon.
This was almost entirely S&P except for a mini run way up in the band
during the last 15 minutes.

In addition to the above I had 77/14/42 on 80 and a few other contacts on 160
and 20.  After the first day I just focused on seeing how many countries I
could work on 40 with my trusty dipole at 50 feet and 100 watts.

I was able to work most of what I could hear but with EU I was often the last
guy in the pileup to get through.  A good lesson in patience.  I was a little
louder to the south and west.  Countries heard and not worked:  OH, OH0, 8P1,
7Z, 4X, HP, HB9.  I caught 6W calling CQ around 7088 with few callers at 2357,
so the contest ended on a high note.

I worked Zones 2-16 but never heard a single Zone 1 station.  Managed to work
three JAs after MANY calls, including my friend JR4OZR.