[3830] CQWW CW N4XL SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4XL SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:41:40 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   15     6        8
   80:   83    14       52
   40:  236    25       91
   20:  455    32      114
   15:  266    27       99
   10:   26     8       13
------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

What a great time!  Had a couple key low band antennas out of commission, but
the horizontal loop at 25’ and inverted vee at 35 feet let me be somewhat
competitive. Really enjoyed the battle with Keith, W3KB, on the real-time score
board. We changed places a few times before he led me down the home stretch.

Enjoyed the quiet low bands. Did fairly well for this 100 watt station and
those low antennas I mentioned above. 14 zones and 52 countries on 80 and 25/91
on 40. Wish the elevated vertical and doublet at 60 ft would have been up. First
time ever reached Hawaii on 160. Had good openings on 15 and 20 to OC and JA.
Worked a bunch of JA’s. They were the only reason I kept up with W3KB.

Tried to run, but had computer issues that locked it up twice so shied away
from it. Ended up doing complete shutdown of the station which worked. Then the
openings to EU on 15 and 20 were past and couldn’t generate anything. Rate was
low, but fun factor was high.

Have work to do on shack and antennas before the next DX contest, but it
plays.

Thanks to all and see you next time.

Kevan
N4XL