[3830] CQWW CW NC1I(K1RX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NC1I(K1RX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 01:01:34 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NC1I
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: NC1I

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   56    12       32
   80:  235    17       70
   40: 1050    32      109
   20: 1233    29       95
   15:  486    21       83
   10:   15     8        8
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My thanks to Frank, NC1I for the warm hospitality both this weekend and the CW
SS weekend.  Got the microHAM SO2R setup running well and it ran smooth all
weekend long. It was the first serious effort from this place in any major CW
contest and it worked pretty much as expected.  160 and 80 are wires, 40 has a
3 el. yagi at 130 ft; a stack of tribanders and a couple of monoband yagis (10
and 15 M)- all on a single tower.  Ring rotors total 4 plus the regular rotor
at the top.

Found it is a tough call to use.  No brand recognition and too easy to just
copy it wrong - saw NK1I, NK1A, NY1A, and some just could not figure it out!!
Believe changing the CQ message to add a space before the "i" was
probably a good thing.  Not too many dupes (bad spots is the source for this
typically) this time.

Thanks to the many friends that spent their weekend in the chair and called in.
Too bad I was hiding under the new call.  K1RX will eventually be on the air at
a new QTH shortly.

73, Mark, K1RX