[3830] CQWW CW N0KQ(@N6ZFO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N0KQ(@N6ZFO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 01:30:32 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0KQ
Operator(s): N0KQ
Station: N6ZFO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 29:55

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   47    16       29
   40:  228    29       67
   20:  436    30       85
   15:  351    24       59
   10:   18     8        7
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Unusually good propagation to Eu on 80m Sat evening, better than on 40m here.
On switching from 40m about 0700Z there were few signals on the band. . but
they were Europeans and there was almost no competition. First signal heard was
M6T --he came back on first call. Note the high ratio of countries to QSO's on
that band, because we had no JA runs I guess.

20m Eu openings, which had been very very good were just OK, but did manage
short runs to Eu on Sunday morning.  Some fairly strong JA's on 160 about 1500Z
on Sunday, but of course there's no point in working many of them in this
contest.

Eq:  FT-1000MP MkV to Alpha 86; Multi-mono Yagi for 20, 15, 10 with 3, 4 and 7
elements (Force 12, Innov, K7NV Special).  S/W:  N1MM+.

For N6ZFO . . first opportunity to work this contest in last 24 years, as
Thanksgiving weekends have nearly always prevented an effort at this level.

73 Bill & Bill N6ZFO and N0KQ