[3830] CQWW CW LA8OM(@LA4C) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LA8OM(@LA4C) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:43:18 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LA8OM
Operator(s): LA8OM
Station: LA4C

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Akrehamn
Operating Time (hrs): 43:15
Radios: SO2R

  160:  473     8       52
   80:  819    17       85
   40: 1245    28      102
   20: 1028    26       90
   15:  151    18       62
   10:
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

For this contest I had had the pleasure of using the LA4C station at Karmoy,
overlooking the rough waves of the North Atlantic ocean hitting the shoreline
rocks 25 meters from the shack window. Arrived early on Friday to rearrange the
shack for my SO2R gear, and got ready to go at the opening bell. The bands were
definitively in better shape than they were some days before the contest, and I
guess as good as one could hope for during this part of the solar cycle. First
night the bands sounded like muddle, but conditions improved as we went along
and offered enjoyable operation. However, DX in general was poor, and although
700 more Qs in the log, the Zone and Country multiplier counts ended up exactly
as they did last year.

Surely, signals emitted from this location can be heard in many places. For
this year’s phone leg, Peter/LA7QIA brought his Shared Apex Loop Array
listening antenna and, yes, signals that we could not hear through the noise
without the rx-antenna, became readable. Without such useful device this
weekend I know there were callers that I missed out �" bear with me.

A big TNX is deserved by everybody for taking part in CQWWCW, making it the
yearly thrill that it certainly is.

Individual QSOs as recorded by QSOrder (search your call sign):
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhiwuLLtJNQCj44tH2qHEghzFpySsw

Set-up: K3S, IC-7300, 2x 1.3K-FA, A3S tribander, logyagi (20), K1WA array (40),
dipole (80), delta loop (160).

73
Chris/LA8OM