[3830] CQWW CW VE3VN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3VN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 15:09:19 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  138    11       17
   80:  293    13       48
   40:  336    21       69
   20:  671    26       89
   15:  269    19       69
   10:   16     7        9
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My biggest problem in this contest was time. That is, time before the contest.
Even 4 hours up the new big tower on Friday and a friend coming over to help
didn't get me there. Those big yagis piercing the clouds look very pretty but,
unfortunately, the wireless part of radio happens on the other side of the
antenna, not this side. No feed lines to those yagis yet.

I made do with what I had. The poor conditions the first half of the contest
greatly affected my ability to work multipliers. I shifted strategy to bulk up
on Q's to raise my score. It helped but could not compensate for being low on
multipliers. I heard so many that I simply could not work.