[3830] CQWW CW K8MFO SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8MFO SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:11:44 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 20 +/-

  160:
   80:
   40:  760    34      130
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

My effort can best be described as an OLD DXER, stumbling around the band,
trying to make some QSOs!

I have played in this great party since 1959, and it's the first time that I
felt the same way at the end of the contest as at the beginning.   The problem
was that I was exhausted to start after cutting 20 trees on Friday for my
Christmas tree customers!     After an hour I knew that it was going to be a
FUN EFFORT, and not anything serious.    After the first night I had 100
countries in 30 zones, with very little running.   Did a little more running
the second night, but still mainly S&P.  When it was all over, I realized
that I had a great time.   The only stuff I heard and didn't work were YB, BY,
3X, V5, and A7.

Highlights in no particular order  ..  a QSO with VK6LW on the long path at
2004Z, when I had difficulty being heard in Europe   ... a QSO with HS0ZAR
through a monster pileup  ... and quick HELLO exchanges with many old friends.

YES, there are still some CLICKY signals out there  ... and RUTHLESS is given a
new dimension is some pileups!

I think that the CLASSIC Category is something that I may enjoy.    I don't use
or want any assistance, and I can probably get enough beauty rest!

K3S, AL-1200, a couple of close spaced elements on my Mosley PRO-67B, and a
sloping dipole into the SW for the Caribbean and Central America.   Didn't miss
one station that I called with the dipole.

73 and see you in the next one.  It's an honor to attend this party.

Don K8MFO