[3830] CQWW CW NK8Q(@W3YA) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mark.j.schreiner@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NK8Q(@W3YA) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:55:28 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NK8Q
Operator(s): NK8Q
Station: W3YA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:   51    10       19
   40:  146    14       41
   20:  298    28       63
   15:  112    20       41
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

It was nice to be able to operate for a while in this contest as I am usually
occupied with Thanksgiving holiday weekend festivities, either traveling away
from home to be with family or having family travel to visit us, combined with
recognizing our wedding anniversary during the Saturday of Thanksgiving
weekend.  This year Thanksgiving was in Indiana and I drove back to
Pennsylvania on Saturday (~8 hours).  Further, I had a new laptop to use for
logging along with borrowing a radio, so had some initial setup issues getting
a later start than I thought I would.  In any case, it was nice to operate in
this contest for a change!

Conditions were better than I expected, but I didn't operate on 10m during this
contest like I did for the SSB contest a month ago.  I may have lost a few
multipliers for ignoring 10m!

Thanks to Jim, WA3FET, for the loaner K3 and the Nittany ARC for the use of the
W3YA clubhouse.