[3830] CQWW CW WO1N SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WO1N SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 04:56:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   20     6       12
   40:    5     4        5
   20:   55    17       44
   15:   30    11       25
   10:    5     3        4
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, C3-SS@38', R7 Vertical, 80M C, N1MM+

Soapbox :

Poorly timed family events like moving my mom from her house
of 63 years were on tab for this one, so I committed to the overnight
shifts at K1KP and a few Qs from the home station when I was around.

80 and 40 low band wires were storm casualties this past fall and nothing
up for 160 yet at the home station. Managed to get 80M C back in the
air moments before total darkness Friday evening. Used it to make a
sweep up the band before heading over to K1KP. Minor victory!

2nd night at K1KP's was better than the first on 160 - 40. Really strange
propagation on 40 especially noticeable. An HS0 was totally uncopiable on
the 11 degree short path but blew me out of the chair when the antenna was
pointed to 320. Worked first call.

80 was fun but the only run really was between the two stations on
opposite sides of the shack. Kept one station on 80 and the other on
40/160. Saved a lot of band switching time and kept the blood flowing.

160 was pretty much a bust but at least we could hear Eu on the 2nd night.
Lots of "CQing in your face" action.

All in all, lots of fun, even in low sunspot conditions. Thanks go out to
K1KP for letting me use his kick-ass station.

73,

Ken - WO1N