[3830] CQWW CW HQ9X M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HQ9X M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:42:05 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HQ9X
Operator(s): W1UE K1XM KQ1F
Station: HQ9X

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: hr
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  247    11       24
   80: 1041    23       88
   40: 1816    30      119
   20: 2353    27      101
   15: 1461    24       66
   10:   48    12       11
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of fun!  This was another all-dipole event.  160/80M: Trapped dipole at
30ft.  40M: Dipole at 25 ft.  20M: 2el wire beam at 20ft.  15M 2el wire beam at
20ft.  10M: Sloper to US, top at 20ft.  600watts output on each band.  There was
favorable ground slope on each band to the ocean about 1/2 mile away.

Somehow, 5 Europeans found us on 160M for Qs.  That was 5 more than found us on
10M- the closest station to Europe on 10M that we worked was probably W1KM on
Cape Cod.  10M had some openings on Sunday- did find KH6, ZL, and VK, in
addition to many of the other nearby Caribbean mults.  Find a CQ frequency and
they will find you.

Saturday was much better than Sunday on the high bands.  On 15M Sunday, I
worked a grand total of 5 Europeans, and they were all pee weak.  Last one was
worked before 1500Z, so it was a looooong afternoon of CQing on 15M.  I was
able to intersperse some 10M running (or was it crawling?) Sunday afternoon,
but the stations just weren't there.  Even the USA, that was loud and easy to
work on Saturday, was tough on Sunday.  There was also fast QSB; if a
6-character call sign started to reply, often I would get the first 3 letters
and QSB would take out the last 3.  Then you get into repeats, and the rate
goes to hell.

Friday night, it was tough to hear anything on 160M.  Even the USA was
difficult, so we spent the time on 80M.

In any case, we were the winners again!  We had more fun than anyone!

Thanks to Rudy N2WQ for the use of Chillax Roatan.

Dennis HQ9A  HR9/W1UE  W1UE