[3830] CQWW CW S79K(G4XUM) SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4xum@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW S79K(G4XUM) SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:18:57 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: S79K
Operator(s): G4XUM
Station: S79K

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Mahe
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1566    26       95
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1566    26       95  Total Score = 564,465

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Not enough space to list everything that went wrong. Orignal plan was SOAB, but
late and cancelled flights put paid to that. Decided to do SB15HP but then my
amp developed a fault before the contest so had to man up and enter LP. After
24 hours the antenna developed an intermittant fault which i struggled to find.
I nearly called it a day and lost over 6 hours of prime time opening. I
eventually traced the problem to a loose connection whilst upto my waist in the
Indian Ocean - at least it was warm. I decided to carry on after that. Can't say
conditions were good only marginal N.A on saturday but a better opening on
sunday. Most Carribean Mults CQ'ed in my face.. There's always next year.