[3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 04:14:19 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 24.0

  160:    4     3        2
   80:   15     7        9
   40:   93    12       39
   20:  169    15       57
   15:   85    14       47
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

As battle-hardened as I am by QRP contesting, this one was still psychologically
tough.  On the downward side of the solar cycle the deleterious effects of
modest antennas are magnified for a QRP station, and that was evident this
year. By contrast to the previous two years, I was never able to get any runs
going and it felt like every S&P Q took extraordinary effort.

This was the first contest for which I recorded my complete time-on-air audio -
still haven't quite got the TX monitor output level balanced with the RX audio
level, but the recording will be fun listening when I have some spare time.

Many thanks to all those who suffered my weak signal in good spirit and
insisted on completing the Q even if it broke their fast pace.  You make the
contest rewarding!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3/10 at 5 Watts to Lazy H (cut for 20 meters, used on all HF bands with
help of ATU)
Shack mascots: Mr. Opie, giant orange Maine coon cat; Leapin' Radio Jackson,
dog in training.